Front Desk Supervisor
How would you like to work with the happiest customers on earth? People in love are the happiest people on earth, and they’re also our everyday customers!
You want the best of both worlds – a world where you lead a team but are still hands on helping our customers. You are an absolute pro at creating the perfect customer experience, and you want to mentor others to do the same. At Spence Diamonds we do diamonds differently and that means treating our customers differently. From the moment they walk in the store you make clients feel heard and supported while guiding them through the Spence Experience. A customer experience we’ve perfected over the past 40 years.
You thrive on getting things done and being the backbone of our store. Your organization skills are award winning and you jump at the opportunity to create structure to help your team succeed. You easily move between helping customers, leading your team and being the right-hand person to the leader of the store. You are the secret ingredient that makes it all work.
Join our team. We are cutting edge in what we do, and still building an exciting brand. Progress never stops and neither do we! So - you can work for a fun, innovative, exciting, growing, and stand out company with a unique approach to everything we do. But let’s face it, fun and excitement alone won’t pay your bills or build your dreams, but imagine if you could have both? Well, welcome to Spence Diamonds! We do sales differently and we definitely do diamonds differently.
Founded in 1978, 40 years ago, Spence Diamonds has grown and evolved over the years with an unorthodox approach to becoming an industry leader in cut quality and the customer experience. We take shopping for an engagement ring to the next level - with open show cases, displaying top of the line designer prototypes, accompanied by an unparalleled diamond education. Since introducing Spence Artisan Created Diamonds, we are now blazing the way for reasonably priced, ethical and sustainable diamond choices! With unparalleled access to these diamonds, we truly are the best choice for our customers. A customer focused company with a great corporate culture and a fun exciting work environment. This equals success for YOU and US!
POSITION SUMMARY & YOU
- You lead by example, you care about your team of part-time associates and do everything you can to set them up for success when you go home for the day.
- You are the backbone of our store. You promote accuracy within the store through exceptional process handling which includes data management, finances, and task management.
- You act as the first and last point of contact for our clients on the phone or in person within the store. You are someone that customers write glowing online reviews about and send their family, friends and co-workers in to see. They may not remember what you said but they remember how you made them feel.
- You have a passion for Diamonds, so much so, you are comfortable getting out from behind the desk and onto the showroom floor working with our clients and following the Spence selling process when needed. Really, you are an undercover sales super star.
- On any given day you’re interviewing new team members, leading your team, handling payments & transactions, answering incoming phone calls and emails, assisting in store maintenance and cleanliness, showroom upkeep, and supporting the Sales Consultants and Management. Most importantly you make every client a raving fan of Spence Diamonds.
- You’re a passionate leader who helps their team succeed
- You’re detailed oriented and willing to embrace a structured process
- You’re highly organized and can multitask
- You have excellent time management skills and make great decisions about which work to prioritize
- You are comfortable professionally communicating face to face, over the phone and in writing
- You’re used to working with a computer and are willing to learn new technology and software
- You have at least three years’ experience working in a customer service
- You have at least one years’ experience leading a team
- Bonus points if you have previous administrative or reception experience